Monday, March 19, 2007

Web 2.0 Awards

Wow! I looked at a bunch of the award-winning sites and am impressed. I find the categories chosen to be very comprehensive. In fact, they're eye-opening. I have just learned about new kinds of sites that I had no idea existed such as Personal Organization and Start Pages. What great ideas! Also, the ratings are very relevant: usability, usefulness, social aspects, interface & design, content quality.

I don't think I would have been exposed to these great resources had we not done this whole Learning 2.0. I do remember coming across these awards in school but I had forgotten about them. And I think the categories have grown since I saw it last. It's nice to know what sites you can trust for quality. Another website that I trust is the Librarian's Internet Index(www.lii.org). This whole experience makes me think that we need to educate our patrons on these wonderful web tools after this is all over. I think they would respond with the same wonder and amazement that I have. As a result, they would become smarter web surfers.

No comments: