Monday, April 2, 2007

Podcasts

Podcasts are almost like the audio counterpart of YouTube, although some have video components. There is an amazing variety of items with something for everyone. I subscribed to several different podcasts including stories, info, entertainment, and book news in my Bloglines account which, by the way, I check on a daily basis. I went a little overboard. It might be fun to have podcast advertisements for library programs including things such as snippets from the performer, music, etc...

I visited all 3 sites and liked Yahoo! Podcasts the best. The website's homepage is well-organized. You can see "What We Like This Week" (New and Noteworthy and Staff Picks), "What Other People Like" -- most popular and highly rated, "Explore on your Own" where you see main catagories as well as popular tags. Having had little experience with them, it was good to be given a nice overview from the start.

No comments: